Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Golf Champions

It has been quite a while since my last post. For those of you that have been checking on my posts...my apologies. We have been busy (does anyone get tired of me saying that?) so there is plenty to catch up on.

For starters, Brian was in the Killarney's golf tournament the weekend of the 18th. On his team was his brother Greg, the kids hockey coach Jason, and neighbor Matt. They tied for first (if you had seen what kind of shape they were in when they arrived back in Airdrie off the party bus, trust me, you would have wondered HOW they ended up tied for first - hahaha!) Regardless, they played pool to break the tie, and they won! Here is the "keeper trophy" for the Killarney Cup.



I've also added a group picture with "the" Killarney cup. Yes, Jason is wearing a pink Rockstar hat, and yes, him and Brian are kissing the cup at the same time, and yes, that's Greg's arm embracing Jason, and apparently, Brian wanted to make sure everyone knew they were number one (hence the hand gesture).



Oh, and here is Matt. He won a backpack in one of the draws and was sooo darn proud, he wore it around the bar the whole night - so I took a picture as he was gloating with his "cool" backpack and the Killarney Cup. Oh and yes, this was after Brian and Jason were kissing it.



Oh, and here is what my Killarney Cup Champion looked like the next day. Still proud of his cup obviously, but wore out from all of the celebrations (I'm sure the other 3 were behaving similarly - haha!)



All in all, it was REALLY fun. There are so many great stories to go with the day. If you run into Greg, ask him how his ankle is. If you run into any of them, ask them about the stories, they are good for a laugh!

On Wednesday of this week, Brian & I whisked off to Vancouver Island. We came home on Friday. We golfed lot's. The weather was perfect (sunny & 25 degrees). We stayed in Bruce & Jan's summer home with them, it was a really nice time. Mom and Dad kept the kids. It sounded like they had a good time too!

I think that's all for now. We aren't sure what September long weekend will bring, but I'm sure it won't be without some excitement! Hope everyone has had a great summer!

Love,
Jodi

No comments: