Sunday, March 2, 2008

Kolt turns 6.....

I'm really late posting this, I'm sorry. I just haven't taken the time to sit down and do it. Better late than never though right?

We had a skating party for Kolt out at the farm. It was really cold that day. We actually had to postpone it for 2 days trying to get a day that was at least decent - which we didn't. The day turned out nicer than our originally planned day, weather wise, but it was still really, really cold. Nonetheless, the kids had a great time. There were 20 kids, so it was really busy. I didn't get very many pictures....here are just a few.

His cake was really cool. The little zamboni on top of it wound up, and drove around the ice.



He was sooo spoiled with gifts. Lucky guy got so many things, it took him a week to get through them all. He likes to open one and play with it for a while. Then he'll go and choose another and play with it for a while until they are all gone. Have I mentioned he is the perfect child before :)

As many of you know, I planned a surprise trip to Vegas for Brian's 30th birthday. He knew that we were going on a trip, cuz he walked in the house when I was booking it. He didn't know where, when or with whom we were going. We had to get up at 4:00 a.m. to catch our flight. When I woke him up, I said, "kay, it's time to go". He looked at me with sleepy eyes and said, "Now? Seriously?" I nodded, and he got up. About 15 minutes later, we were in the cab on our way to the airport with Jason and Sabrina.

We had sooo much fun! We played about as hard as I've ever played before in my life. We hardly gambled because we couldn't seem to stay in one spot long enough. We barely slept, yet I'm sure I wasn't any more tired when we got home than I was before we left. It was an excellent mental break! We laughed long and hard all the time. My stomach muscles were sore for days after we got home from all the laughing. Jason and Sabrina were perfect to travel with. Very easy going, and agreeable. Jason and Brian golfed in the days while Sabrina and I shopped in the outlet malls. It was beautiful t-shirt and shorts weather. It was a great time for sure. I never hardly took a picture, it was too fun to worry about carrying my camera. Jason carried his for the first few days, so there are a few pics for memories.


The first one, is one of the 4 of us (Brian and I on the left, Sabrina and Jason on the right). I believe this was at the Shadow Dancers Bar. The one below is at the airport on the way home, Brian "needing" a wheelchair now that he was over 30 ;)


All in all, I'd say we did Vegas the way Vegas is supposed to be done. We didn't hardly miss a thing, and yet all the memories are pretty fuzzy :)

Somewhere in this month was my birthday, and our 9th wedding anniversary. 9 years already. How did that go so fast? What amazes me is that the longer you are married, the better it gets. I love being married to Brian. Every year is better than the last. I know it's not that way for everyone. I'm so grateful I am one of the lucky ones.

Ever heard this quote?

Don't go for looks; they can deceive.

Don't go for wealth; even that fades away.

Go for someone who makes you smile

Because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright.

Find the one that makes your heart smile.

I did.


Love,
Jodi

No comments: