Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Camera Problems

Well Hello! Long time no post!

I'd love to say that I haven't posted because we haven't done anything other than chill and relax at home all day, all is well, and I have had nothing to say. But I would be lying, and who wants to read a bunch of B.S. anyway?

The bad news is, that I left my camera at Wayne and Sandy's the other night, so I can't post any new pictures today........but I thought an update is necessary, before I start forgetting what's happened. Besides, the last pictures were of Hallowe'en, so clearly I have been slacking even though I promised I wasn't gonna do that anymore :(

Let's see........for starters, Kolt's team finally started their games - they've had 4. They are playing 1/2 ice for now. He has been keeping track of all of his goals, and so far has scored 19! Holy smokes! He is doing fantastic - and loves to play.

Jake had his first tournament of the year in Crossfield in November, he scored a couple of goals, but most importantly, he got the tournament M.V.P. for our team. That was pretty cool as he is playing mostly with kids a year older. He LIVES for hockey, and when he plays like he lives for it (which is becoming more and more regular), he is incredible to watch (from a strictly prejudice point of view). They have had him playing center, and he loves the face offs........the last game they switched him to defense and were impressed with him there too. I could go on and on......but I'll save it for after another game or 2.

Brian's Granny passed away last week. This is a picture of her with the kids from when we visited her in September. Thank goodness we went to see her then. She passed peacefully in her sleep at 89 years. She had a fantastic life and was loved by so many. I think final count was 5 children, 17 grandchildren, 26 great grandchildren, and 4(?) great great grandchildren. Needless to say, the funeral was huge, and mostly family. It was nice to see everyone, as there are too many of us to get together very often.



Sometime in November, we went to the Leukemia and Lymphona celebrity waiters luncheon. They have a silent and live auction, and as a table you dress up in a 'theme'. We went as cowboys and indians. I was a cowboy. Anyway, they have a game that you pay $20 to play. It's called heads or tails. So everyone stands up and they flip a coin, and if you guessed the flip on the coin properly (by putting your hands on your head or your tail) you stay standing and everyone who's wrong sits. My guess is there was 2 or 300 people playing. I made it to the final four where you have to go up in front of everyone and finish the game. So for the final flip, I picked tails and the other 3 picked heads, and I won!! I won a hot air balloon ride! I probably won't do it until summer, but I'm so excited!! I've never been on one before.

http://www.pictage.com/xml/photodisplay/photo.xml?scan=148&code=DTY6LXBYIGSJ2NLMUUPH&event=390859&registration_required=yes&version=zoom Click on this link to see the proffessional picture from the event where we are all standing there with our guess as to heads or tails.


At Jake's tournament in Crossfield I also won the 50/50 draw, and a pair of Flames tickets to see the Flames/Anaheim game on Dec 29. (They are lower bowl......$ 150 tickets.) So I'm NOT going with the "things come in 3's" thinking, and I'm going to declare that I am on a lucky winning streak -- so watch out -- I'll be posting my winnings as they come in ;-)


Monday of this week, Wayne and Sandy had a small gathering of people, and who made a guest appearance you ask? None other than Mr. Claus himself! The kids were so excited, I will post the pics when I get my camera back.

Also, we had a suprise Birthday party for Julie on Monday night. FINALLY, we surprised her. Mom was taking pictures that night (because I had just forgotten my camera), so I'll get some off of her, and put them up.

I think that fills in some of the gap. We have a plethora of Christmas parties to go to this week and next. It's hard to be so popular :)

Check in with some pics when I remember to get my camera back. Until then, I hope everyone is safe, healthy and happy! Lot's of love to you all! Leave me some Christmas Cheer in the comment section if you like.....

Love,

Jodi


1 comment:

Trish & Mikey said...

Just because you demanded it...oops I mean asked for it so NICELY hahaha. Merry Christmas to you all!