Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy New Year

Wow! It is 2009 already. I remember wondering what it would be like when we hit the year 2000 - now we've been doing this for almost a decade. I know I say this so many times, but how do the days go so fast?

As I look back over my blog and reflect on 2008, it was another busy but overall really great year. Sometimes, we get going so fast that it seems like we are spinning our wheels and never really ever getting anywhere. But if you take a moment to reflect on all that we have done, it really is awfully incredible what you can accomplish in a year.


I am so glad to be living out on the farm. What a difference it is from living in town. I really loved our house in town and all of our neighbours, I was quite sad to leave. But the best place for kids (especially ones that are homeschooled), is on the farm. There is sooo much to do.

I really need to go out and snap some pics of all that the kids do outside. Brian has plowed huge piles of snow, and the kids play for hours. They have also spent a lot of time in the rink. There is the ponies, the steers, and Meeka for them to play with. They made forts in the trees behind the trailer, they run and bike -- regular kid stuff. But so much of it to do in a day :)

Brian has been working on building a synthetic ice surface in one of the shops -- it's really close to being done now. That is our latest new venture. It really is a neat thing, and there has been an obscene amount of interest in it so far. It's very exciting!! We plan on doing power skating lessons etc on it.

We booked a last minute trip to Vegas last week. We decided Sunday night we were going to go, booked it on Monday, and left on Thursday. We came home on Saturday night (Feb 7). It was a quick trip - but again, we had great fun! There was no time for rest there, so it's taking some time to recover - but it's always nice to get away. The kids stayed with mom, and they had a great time also.

Next week is our 10 year anniversary. You would think that it would take time for 10 years to pass by -- but really, it goes by in such a flash, especially when you are running after 3 kids. We are going to spend a couple of nights in Banff, and I'm looking forward to that as well -- a little R 'n R will do us good (especially after Vegas). We come back to a really busy hockey weekend. We will miss one or two games, but we are scheduled to have 8 or 9 that weekend between the 2 boys -- that will be the most we've ever had in one weekend.

I'm going to try and get some pictures up soon. Drew has turned 3, and Kolt has turned 7 since my last post. So I'll work on some pictures - I know that's the best part of the blog.

Until then, I hope life is treating you well wherever you are :)

Love,
Jodi

No comments: