Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Delinquent Blogging

OK, I admit it. I'm a delinquent blogger as of late. Clearly, I can't keep up with my own schedule. So please, bear with me, when Jodi gets her groove back, there will be many more postings. For now, it will be long posts to catch up on all that we have missed.

We had thanksgiving at Brians parents on Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend. They were still in the field, so we had Thanksgiving dinner in shifts. The men rotated and took turns spelling each other off in the grain trucks and combines. It was still nice, I love family get togethers, and although it was a little unorthodox, the food still tasted great and we all got to see each other. Drew spent a minute with Brian's grandma Olive on the couch and I was able to snap a picture.


The next night we had turkey dinner with my family at Julie's house. I cooked the turkey. It was beautiful and tasty! That was only my second attempt ever (the first time doesn't count, because it was the first time, and the gravy was burnt). After that, we were all turkied out....or at least until Christmas!

Lately, I have been giving riding lessons to Janine. This is her picture from when she won Miss Rodeo Airdrie Princess last year.

She is running for Miss Rodeo Canada and just wanted some brush up lessons. I have really enjoyed them. She is a great rider. I really enjoy teaching the advanced stuff. To be honest, I really just enjoy teaching riding lessons. When I am away from the horses, I always forget how much I miss having them in my life. When I am around them again, I always appreciate them so much. It's definitely true that absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Janine will do well in the Miss Rodeo Canada contest. As a matter of fact, I will be awfully surprised if she does not win it. She has such an open heart, and such clear energy about her. She is the type of person you automatically like when you meet. She is also a fantastic rider. She used to show horses so she looks like a real cowgirl who knows her stuff when she gets on a horse. She has rode probably at least 10 different horses during our lessons, and she gets along well with each and every one. It has definitely been a pleasure to teach her, she is a fast learner. Good Luck Janine!

Hockey is going really well. Jake has his first game of the season on Friday night at the Plainmen Arena from 6:00pm-7:30pm. Any of you who would like to come are more than welcome. I haven't gotten many great clips from his practices like I'd promised, but I did snap a couple. This one is of Jake on the ice at a practice


And this is of Kolt (flames jersey). Kolt is doing so great.


I wasn't sure if he would really take to hockey or not. Lord knows he's spent his fair share of time at the rink before now, and he was never really all that into it. Man, I'll tell ya, that kid works his butt off out there! He has surprised me for sure. He loves it to pieces. Coach Jason calls him Phaneuf (because of Dion Phaneuf #3 off of the Flames) and even gave him number 3 for the season. Kolt thought that was the best. He still loves coach Jason, and asks me all the time when are we gonna have Jason over to our house? It's so cute.


Our dog, Meeka, ran away from our house in town this past Saturday.

At first, I just thought she would come home. Then as the weekend progressed, I started to worry more and more. I couldn't figure out why she would run away, and why she didn't come back. On Sunday afternoon, I called the municipal enforcement guy to see if he had picked her up. He hadn't, but said he would call us if he found her. By Monday morning, I still hadn't heard anything. I phoned all of the vets in town, and none of them had heard anything either. I was so devastated. She is such a nice dog, that I figured it was pretty easy for someone to fall in love with her over the weekend. I just hoped that if someone had stole her that they would really love her a lot.

I went to pick Kolt up from Kindergarten, and I got a call on my cell phone. It was the municipal enforcement guy, and he thought he had found my dog. He gave me a number to phone, to get in touch with a lady, who had found a dog over the weekend. I called her and sure enough, her grand daughter had found Meeka, and Meeka had followed her home. I went to pick her up from their house and to my shock and surprise, it was Marlyn's house! Marlyn is the lady who my Grandma (my mom's mom) lived with for the last few years of her life. She is an amazing lady, as she took my Grandma (who had dimmensia) into her home, and looked after her and was so amazing to her and to our family. Now she had also found my dog and kept her over the weekend. What a small world we live in. Marlyn is a true angel.

This Saturday, we leave for Hawaii. I can't wait. I love holidays, beaches, hot weather, the ocean, and sleep. I plan on soaking in all of these things for the week while we are gone. I also plan on coming home a new, and rested person. Hopefully the new me will do more blogging again.

Until then, I think I have caught up on and mentioned everything I wanted to. I am adding some random pictures from the last little while. I'm sure I'll have lot's of pictures from Hawaii. I'm so excited :)

Love,
Jodi







No comments: