Monday, September 10, 2007

FIRST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN


On Thursday Kolt had his first day of kindergarten. He's going to go to Kindergarten and then homeschool in grade one. I tried talking him into homeschooling this year and he told me, "I'm going to go to school until all my school is done and then homeschool in grade 1". How do I argue with that? He has to be at the school for 8:15. That is so early to have 3 kids out the door. I'm still driving him. At least until I know for sure he has the hang of it. Then I will ask our neighbors if he can walk with them. Or until we move to the farm and he takes the bus.
As you can see in the picture, he is considerably taller than most of the kids in his class. There is really only one other boy that is his height. My goodness is he ever a big boy! That is his teacher Mr. Milford at the front of the line. He has the same teacher that Jake had.

Kolt and I had a date on Sunday. We went to Spruce Meadows to watch the jumping. It was a great day for us. I really enjoyed watching Anky van Grunsven doing a dressage demo. I've seen her there for the last couple of years - she really is something to watch. This clip is really long, if you are only going to watch part of it, watch the last 2-1/2 minutes - it is the best. FF to about 4:30 or so. You will see one stride lead changes that are just incredible.



On Friday, I leave for the weekend to do some scrapbooking with the girls. It will be a great weekend, I'm sure. I'm really looking forward to it. Catch ya next week.

Love,
Jodi

No comments: